Thursday, February 1, 2007

How it all got started.

So, one day, when my son was about 8.0 months old, I noticed a few things:
1. I could usually tell when my son was going poop (Sorry for the less than pretty language.). I had NO idea when he was going pee. But he always made that distinctive grunting sound we all recognize as a munchkin filling their britches.
2. His bowel movements were pretty regular. I was starting to be able to predict when they would occur.
3. His bowel movements were less often than when he was first born. When he was first born, he would go 10-12 times a day, after every time he ate. By about 8 months, he was down to 2-3 times a day.
4. He was already sitting up by himself.

I thought about all that I had read about Infant Potty Training or Elimination Communication and thought, "Well, this is stupid. If I know when he is going to the restroom in his diaper, then why don't I just take him to the toilet." So, the next time he grunted, I took him, and he went to the potty in the potty. It was really that simple.

No comments: